Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sweet and Salty

"Mom, may we have candy, may we have some trick or treat things, please?"

I'm not unreasonable, I gave them one thing each the day after Halloween, one carefully selected sweet and sticky candy treat, no licorice, or flavored sugar, but something with chocolate, or peanut butter or nuts.

But today, today they want more. One each, you may each select one thing from your pumpkin. They rooted around, assessing the options, carefully making their selection. Mary emerged with a Reeses, "This! Dad LOVES this", and that was fine, although she had no idea what it was. Kate continued to dig.

Minutes later Kate came up for air clutching a small bag of Halloween themed pretzels, "Mom, may I have these, may I please eat my pretzels?".

It's all about making choices.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails