Saturday, March 28, 2020

One is the Loneliest Number

Here we have a picture of my mother, taken by my sister from outside the front door, the required 10 feet away. Mom is quarantined with about 500 old(er) ladies and perhaps 3 senior gentlemen in a retirement home in Kansas City. No visitors, no leaving, temperature checks for all employees entering, no seniors wandering the neighborhood; Sharie is locked down, save the occasional whiskey and brie delivery from her daughter. While not ideal it could be much worse and if this is what is required to keep the old folks healthy then that is what we do; Mom is perfectly happy doing Sudoku and watching reruns of golf tournaments.

For those of you who continue to insist that this is a media driven frenzy may I suggest that you turn off the telly and read a book. In this 24 hour news cycle in which we live it can be too much, and Breaking News is rarely that. Stay informed, don't go batty.

To those who somehow still believe that this is a hoax or a Democratic ploy to win the upcoming election I say "My God, how bad do you think he is?" So bad that thousands of people world wide were willing to sacrifice their life to rid the US of this orange boil? Granted, more than once I have yelled, while watching a speech or a presser or a Rose Garden chat, "He is killing me!" or "I'm dying!" but to be completely honest, I didn't mean I was actually dying. And while I am certain that I am not alone in my over reaction, I hardly think that people in Spain took this literally and were willing to jump on the sword to save the US from the nincompoop quasi leading us into oblivion.

To those upset that the Democratic nominee is almost certain to be Joe Biden (and I am right now speaking to my 15 year old Bernie loving teenagers) just stop. He may not be your first choice, perhaps you think he'd make a better fourth for poker at Sharie's retirement home, but life isn't fair (see Election 2016 results for verification on this) and right now Joe is our way out of this incoherent rambling hate driven failed experiment. I'm not saying that choosing a bankrupt ridden reality television personality was, in and of itself, a terrible idea. Perhaps you really like the idea of hiring people supremely not qualified for the job and to that I say, excellent, have your teeth cleaned next go round by the teenager handing you your burger at the McDonald's drive up window, but this, this didn't go so well.

Let's bring back experience and character. Have you seen Joe's bench? We are going to be fine.

Share the toilet tissue, stay home, help those who need it, do what you can. Treat people with respect and kindness. The best way to beat this is together, and name calling is a very lonely game.

Sorry Mom, but cute picture. Stay safe Sharpie. Stay safe everyone.

1 comment:

Kay G. said...

Lovely post! And please tell your Mom I can see her beauty from 10 feet away! You are right, we need to outdo each other giving hope and encouragement. Be kind to all. Stay safe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails