Thursday, September 11, 2008

White Linen

My mother wears White Linen perfume, she has for years and the smell always reminds me of her. This also reminds me of my mother,


two little girls in white linen, on September 10th in Chicago. The HORROR! Who wants to explain to the four year old girls that their favorite "poofy sleeve" dresses are seasonably unsuitable? My mother.

Once, and this is hard to believe, I wore black patent leather shoes to a wedding in June. And my sister, please sit down, had on a velvet skirt at the same event! My mother almost had to leave, shamed into seclusion by her two rule defying daughters. Thank God someone had the good sense to get her a cocktail, before she fainted.

I thought Mary and Kate looked lovely, those wild children of mine.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails