Monday, September 29, 2008

Play Nice

Months ago I joined with those who believed that if my choices on the November ballot were McCain and Obama we were set for the most civil of Presidential elections in the history of uncivil behavior. I was wrong. Here's how McCain's economic adviser Douglas Holtz-Eakin responsed, in part, to this morning's vote in the House:

"This bill failed because Barack Obama and the Democrats put politics ahead of country."

Mary and Kate are of the age where we hear from time to time, "it's not my fault!" and I am doing all I can to remove that phrase from their chatter. We are trying so hard to teach them that finding the resolution is far more important than casting the blame. And to some extent they understand, moving towards working together rather than bashing each other about when cleaning up the blocks, or the musical instruments, or the books.

And here we are, facing a real crisis in this country, and Senator McCain has chosen to club Senator Obama with a block, rather than offering a positive resolution. Time out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails