Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Missing the Barack

Because we enjoy missing everything, and only by minutes (or days) we will be in Chicago this Saturday when Barack Obama is in Springfield, IL announcing his choice for Vice President. We were in Springfield, IL on Monday, en route back from KC. There was absolutely nothing going on in Springfield Monday, hard to believe the place is a state capital. Apparently we just picked the wrong day as certainly it will be buzzing with activity this weekend.

Join Barack Obama this Saturday, August 23rd at a campaign event in Springfield, IL.

Here are the details:

Barack Obama in Springfield, IL

Old State Capitol
1 Old State Capitol Plaza
Springfield, IL
VIEW MAP

Saturday, August 23rd
Gates open: 12:00 p.m.

I've already signed up for the text alert via my cell phone (I just learned how to text, I'm quite proud of myself), but wouldn't it be fun to be there and see how long it would take my phone to ring "You are My Sunshine" with the good news? Who will it be? We did take the girls when he announced in Chicago. Not only did they get to see BO, Dick Durbin was there also. Mary and Kate were starstruck.

This is my new favorite website, I could spend hours digging through what I find here: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails