Thursday, July 31, 2008

Kate for President

It was hot at soccer today, thick Chicago in the summer hot, and they play at a park near the lake, no shade at all, just hot summer sun. About 20 minutes into soccer Kate appeared, flushed and thirsty, on my blanket. She curled up and said that she just wanted to sit with me for a bit. Lovely! I reassured her that she is always welcome to come and sit with me. This progressed to me telling her that when she is grown up, if ever she needs me, she can call and I will do my best to be there. Even is she is on the floor of the Senate, mid vote, and she thinks, I'd like to talk to Mom, no problem, I'll be there. Kate looked at me and said "Mom, I don't want to be a Senator when I grow up". Shock, horror, acceptance. "I think I'd like to be a lady President".

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails