Thursday, November 12, 2015

Starbucks, Trump, Veterans, Christmas, Confused


It's all getting a bit confusing.

Donald Trump is calling for us to boycott Starbucks because they are fighting a war on Christmas, but today they are offering free coffee to veterans, which has nothing to do with Christmas but it does seem like something Donald Trump would support, although he might not know about this generous offer because of course he is boycotting Starbucks as they are destroying Christmas.

And then I found out that the Catholic schools were open today which confused me terribly because, as I understand it, the Christian Right really supports the veterans, or at least that's what I've been told, but they were in school, when my children, who attend a public school in a liberal metro area, were not, in honor of Veterans Day.

There's more. Because I work for a public school system that was closed in honor of Veteran's Day I was free to stop in at Starbucks, despite the grim warnings of Donald Trump. And because I am a veteran of parenthood and not much more I had to buy my tea, which worked out well as I also bought this cup, which says JOY, for only $2.00, and I get a deal on refills going forward. So it does seem that Christmas has returned to Starbucks, but for a minimal price.

Still confused.

2 comments:

Nellie said...

Starbucks? A war on Christmas? Who came up with that? Our public schools here were in session on Veterans Day. You are a wonderful writer!

Unknown said...

I love the way you think!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails