Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat

Every time the bell rang I swung open the door with great enthusiasm, happy to be in a place where children could come begging at my house on Halloween. There were pumpkins on the front step, large stalks of dead corn welcoming everyone to my little home, and I was ready. The small children were charming, the older children a little intimidating, but I could not be deterred. This was Halloween, a holiday I did not love, but had thought perhaps that I should, and now was my chance, trick or treaters at my door, I was enthused.

The bell rang. Outside I found a young girl, probably about 12, dressed in a white shirt and jeans, with what appeared to be a pillow strategically placed under her shirt, giving her a very pregnant looking belly.

"Trick or treat! What are you dressed as tonight?"
"My older sister."

Happy Halloween.

3 comments:

Rob Marvin MD said...

One word of caution:

Don't read one of Ally's posts with a mouth full of Diet Coke.

I have to go get a towel.

72 and sunny said...

seriously?

northsidefour said...

Yes, on 55th street. Sad, although hilarious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails