Thursday, April 23, 2009

Meet the Flintstones

To combat our open run on illness, I recently introduced Flintstone vitamins to Mary and Kate’s daily diet. At breakfast each day we discuss Fred, Wilma, Barney and Betty, creating a great curiosity in the girls as to the daily life of the Flintstone family. Last week I discovered an old episode on a far off cable channel and the three of us sat down to watch the town of Bedrock, they really are a page right out of history. They loved it, as did I.

Today I overheard this recap:

Mary: Kate, did you see the telephone? It was round, no buttons, you turned it, like a wheel, to call someone.
Kate: Well Mary, they lived a very long time ago. Things were different then.

Really? The car propelled by feet got by you but that archaic phone, the one similar to what we had when I was a child, that was the ancient indicator?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails