What amazes me, really, is that in my lifetime, which I prefer to think of as still rather short, we have moved from the struggle of Martin Luther King Jr. to the victory of Barack Obama. Generally I tend to think that so much of this madness happened long before there was me but that is simply not true. How grateful I am to be in the middle of my young life watching all that unfolds. Tomorrow will certainly be a day beyond what we can imagine while today remains an important day to remember all that happened before.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Then And Now
What amazes me, really, is that in my lifetime, which I prefer to think of as still rather short, we have moved from the struggle of Martin Luther King Jr. to the victory of Barack Obama. Generally I tend to think that so much of this madness happened long before there was me but that is simply not true. How grateful I am to be in the middle of my young life watching all that unfolds. Tomorrow will certainly be a day beyond what we can imagine while today remains an important day to remember all that happened before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment